Malta International Airport plc is a major stakeholder in the tourism industry, committed towards a development strategy aimed at achieving steady growth.
Our company’s growth and success is largely dependent on our people who are consistently and actively contributing to achieve the best possible performance, not only from a business and commercial perspective, but especially as a top ranking airport in Europe.
By understanding and embracing our mission, vision and values, our employees are also enabling us to provide an excellent passenger experience for our clients.
At Malta Airport, apart from expertise and technical know-how, we look for energy and commitment in the people we select to become part of our family. This is crucial for us to fulfill the specific requirements for the various roles found within our organisation.
If you wish to join our successful team please apply via the related on-line forms.
Please note that for Data Protection reasons, all personal information submitted in these applications is disposed of after a period of six months.
Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about the Airport and is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high performance culture. A vacancy within the Facilities Department for an Electrical Technician has arisen.
In this role the chosen candidate will form part of a team responsible for the upkeep of the Airport complex, including the Terminal and Airfield infrastructure, comprising of control systems, automation systems, Medium voltage installations and equipment, High voltage infrastructure and equipment and standby generator equipment.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
· The implementation of pre-programmed preventive maintenance and overhaul/major maintenance works on all plant, equipment, installations, and infrastructure both within the Terminal and Airfield;
· Attending to faults and breakdowns with the minimum of delay downtime; and
· Carrying out any other repairs and/or works as necessary.
The ideal candidate must:
· Possess the wiremen’s Licence A and B;
· Have at least 3 years’ experience in an electrical background;
· Be interested in and capable of tackling and solving complicated electrical faults;
· Possess a clean and valid driving licence;
· Be a good team player, able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines;
· Be willing to work in adverse environmental conditions, if and when necessary;
· Have excellent communication skills; and
· Be computer literate.
This opportunity is being offered on Day basis however work schedules can change as per Company exigencies. The chosen candidate must be ready to undergo a medical test, including a colour blindness test.
Applications should be received by not later than Friday 4th September 2015.
Malta International Airport is currently seeking to recruit Airport Attendant Trainees on a one year full time basis to join the Airport Operations Department.
The chosen candidates will be responsible for:
· Monitoring the baggage process at Sorting Areas and ensuring that the conveyors are functioning and be able to take immediate action to rectify any blockages whilst maintaining safety guidelines;
· Ensuring that luggage trolleys are constantly available for passengers’ use at all the designated areas;
· Providing individual and/or group porterage services, if and when required;
· Providing back up for VIP Chauffeur services;
· Assisting with services at the VIP and Protocol lounges;
· Maintaining and cleaning Company vehicles used for VIP Services;
· Providing general assistance to passengers;
· Assisting airport users and other MIA Departments whilst also supporting with the general duties and responsibilities of the Customer Service Department;
The ideal candidates should:
· Be able to communicate clearly both in Maltese and English;
· Have excellent communication skills;
· Have a positive and outgoing personality especially when dealing with passengers;
· Be smart and well groomed; and
· Have a clean police conduct and a clean driving licence.
The positions are on Shift basis, that is: Monday to Sunday, including nights. Preference will be given to applicants with work experience in a similar position.
Applications should be received by not later than Tuesday 01st September 2015.